Friday, January 05, 2007

On Friday Random Everything

Okay, so the week following a holiday can be completely exhausting. I'm sure it's something to do with getting out of the swing of things and then back into them, and maybe to do with all of the food and booze generally consumed on holidays, and something about late nights, perhaps. All I know is that I'm beat, and I think I'm getting a cold, and any of you familiar with my constant companion Nate the Fish should know that he's not long for this world (poor old guy), so this is what you're getting for Friday, and you'll like it.

Anyway.

- C/o Feministing, this bright little gem of hope on a rainy January day:

Check out the look on Denny Hastert's face. Ever classy, looking good, and, as I understand it, wearing purple as a salute to the suffrage movement, Nancy Pelosi is my babydaddy.

- That having been said, I hope this isn't going to predict the tone of all of Pelosi's media coverage from now on. My favorite quote? "Still, some wonder if there isn't too much attention altogether on what Pelosi wears." Psst. Psst, Ms. White...

- So, okay, yeah, speaking of rainy days, tornadoes in Louisiana and tornado watches and cloud rotation in Alabama. In January. During a 66-degree night. But global warming is a myth.

- Check out Doug's series on The 50 Most Loathed People In College Football, because it is hilarious, and he always tells me I'm the better writer and I'm fairly sure he's just saying that because things like this make me disagree entirely.

- When you're done there, run over to RetroJunk ("Your Memory Machine") for the comforting realization that other people live in the past just as much as you do.

- Apparently, Mr. Bush has - ahrem. Mr. Bush... Heehee... Mr. Bush - Pres -

Ahem. Apparently-Mr.-Bush-has-written-a-newspaper-column. (Thanks for that, TBogg.)

- And because I haven't said it yet, go, you freakin' beautiful Georgia Bulldogs. OMG. Indescribable. Won't try.

And now the Random (for once) Ten:

1. The Beatles, "Yellow Submarine"
2. Lords of Acid, "The Real Thing"
3. Train, "Drops of Jupiter"
4. Jamiroquai, "Virtual Insanity"
5. Moby, "Oil 1"
6. Alana Davis, "Crazy"
7. Otis Redding, "Try a Little Tenderness"
8. The Temptations, "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)"
9. Madonna, "The Power of Goodbye"
10. Howie Day, "End of Our Days"

No comments: