Thursday, September 07, 2006

On the Thursday grab bag

Okay, so I know I've been away from the blog for quite some time, but I promise that I've been really, really busy. Or asleep. Or, that one night, drunk. Or just doing something else. But here's what I missed while I was gone:

- Remember those super-secret "black site" CIA prisons in Eastern Europe, the disclosure of which was tantamount to treason, that the government never really acknowledged having? Well, it's okay; they're closed now. (Hat tip Glenn Greenwald.)

- Remember our allies in Pakistan who were going to be so instrumental in bringing Osama bin Laden to justice? Well, they've decided that if he's not going to mess with them, they're not going to mess with him. But it's okay; Allahpundit says it's totally part of Bush's top-secret plan for victory.

- Remember Valerie Plame? Well, it turns out she wasn't just working on WMD; she was working on Iraqi WMD - and she didn't find any. Now, if your justification for war in Iraq was completely based around the existence of those WMD she didn't find, that's the person you want to discredit. I mean, I'm just sayin'. (H/T Kevin Drum.)

- Remember TomKat's imaginary baby? Well, she's not imaginary; she totally exists, and Vanity Fair has pictures to prove it: pictures of Tom and Katie's utterly sweet-looking, absolutely and completely adorable Asian baby.

No comments: