Okay, so it's not even Friday anymore, and still no Random Ten. There was a hot dog lunch sponsored by the Alumni Society (and whoever came up with idea of bringing the marching band into a cavernous, all-concrete room while we all ate lunch? Brilliant. Well done), there was a buttload of rain (and I thanked God for it even as it soaked me right to the knees), there was a really interesting dance performance featuring one of my friends and proving that a guy doesn't have to do that rather disturbing spine-unhingeing-hip-swivelly thing to be a talented Latin dancer, but there wasn't a Random Ten.
I'll rectify that situation now, and I'll do it with motion and sound.
What's good (for the week ending 9/14/07):
- The next James Bond filming, starring... Tom Hanks:
- Hamster. A dentist. The Fishmaster!
- For fans of Prison Break (coming back this Monday, folks!), it's Brokeback Prison:
(And incidentally, anyone freaking out about implications of actual homosexuality on Wentworth Miller's part should know that if I've got a crush on him, chances are, yeah, he's gay. It's my curse. Sorry 'bout that.)
- The newest hot game: Count the innuendo!
(I got up to twenty; feel free to compile a list in comments.)
- And just in case there's a single person in the world with whom I've not yet shared this, it's Drinking Time at Dartmouth College:
What's not good:
- The Petraeus report:
President Bush needs a little more practice. Shari Lewis always managed to keep her lips from moving when Lambchop was talking. Note to General Petraeus: You were doing better when the mic wasn't working; we'll try to work with that in the future.
- Uppity women who don't know their place:
(And while that's bad enough, the response has piled bad on worse.)
Ugh. The Ten:
1. Franz Schubert, "In der Ferne" from Schwanengesang
2. Howie Day, "Madrigals"
3. Carmen Consoli, "Diversi"
4. Barenaked Ladies, "It's All Been Done"
5. Banx De France, "Diner Dans Le Desert"
6. Barenaked Ladies, "One Week"
7. The Surfaris, "Wipe Out"
8. 311, "Homebrew"
9. Texas, "Saint"
10. The Beatles, "I Feel Fine"
What's good for you this week? Your good, your bad, your Ten, and your naughty euphemisms go in comments.