Friday, December 02, 2005

On Friday almost-Random Ten

Okay, so it's going to be a mad, mad, mad, mad weekend as I bust it down to Jacksonville for the ACC championships. I'm going to be rooting for the Hokies, which is a completely new experience for me and has required the purchase of a new football-watching wardrobe. I suppose I've gotten a bit spoiled, following a team with such universally flattering colors; red and black will never go out of style, while maroon and orange are quite the challenge to accessorize. On the off chance that ABC turns its cameras on the nosebleed section, I'l be the girl in the brick red (not maroon) hoodie and orange scarf, the only one not gobbling.

Incidentally, kickoff for the ACC game is at 8pm, a mere two hours after the start of the SEC game (and you know that if I could possibly afford tickets to that game, I wouldn't dream of leaving town on such a hallowed weekend; I'd probably be camped out by Gate B of the Georgia Dome, blogging from my cell phone and waiting for the fun to start). That inconvenient timing means that someone is going to have to text message me second-half highlights from the SEC game as they happen. You know who I'm talking to.

Here's a sample of what I'll be listening to on the drive down, taken from my Road Trip playlist:

1. Queen, "Fat Bottomed Girls"
2. The Beatles, "All You Need Is Love"
3. The Rolling Stones, "Paint It, Black"
4. U2, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
5. Guster, "Mona Lisa"
6. U2, "With Or Without You"
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Scar Tissue"
8. Guster, "Great Escape"
9. U2, "Sunday Bloody Sunday"
10. Jack Johnson, "Sitting, Waiting, Wishing"

Yours go in comments below.

No comments: