Friday, September 23, 2005

On Friday Random Ten

Okay, so this weekend's big trip is to sprawling, metropolitan Northport, Alabama to visit much-beloved family, pet someone else's puppies, and get the kind of R&R only found in an inner tube on the river with a cooler full of Miller High Life. I invite you to leave suggestions for reading material in the comments below; all material must be available in paperback, found at your average Barnes & Noble, written in or translated into English, and be only so profound/intellectual that I can read it without losing my floating-on-the-river buzz (but hold onto your profound/intellectual suggestions, 'cause I'll be asking for those as soon as the temperature drops below 60). Benj, you know I'm talking to you here.

On to the Ten:

1. The Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil"
2. The B-52s, "Love Shack"
3. The Strokes, "Last Night"
4. U2, "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"
5. Spacehog, "In the Meantime"
6. Howie Day, "Ghost"
7. Queen, "Fat Bottomed Girls"
8. Miles Davis, "My Funny Valentine"
9. Marilyn Horne, "One Mornin' In May"
10. Tears For Fears, "Shout"

No comments: