Okay, so it's just like George Bush to ruin our fun. For those of you participating in our Things That Fall Betting Pool, the good money, it appears, was on May 11. Courtesy of Bill in Portland Maine at Daily Kos, we have Harris Interactive news that a whopping 29 percent of Americans approve of the way that Bush does his job, and that 69 percent feel that "things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track."
I'll consider Bill (in Johnson City, Tennessee)'s suggestion of re-launching the pool to guess when Bush's approval rating will match the Nixonian record of 27 percent. In the meantime, this Friday Not-Even-Random Ten goes out to our president, George W. Bush, warmonger, eavesdropper, brush cutter, buzzkill.
1. Guster, "Parachute"
2. Dave Matthews Band, "Let You Down"
3. Arlington Priest, "The Stone"
4. Shirley Bassey, "Don't Rain on My Parade"
5. Madonna, "Rain"
6. Bananarama, "Cruel Summer"
7. Diana Krall, "How Deep Is the Ocean"
8. Norah Jones, "One Flight Down"
9. Dido, "Slide"
10. Alicia Keys, "Fallin'"
Your Ten, or whatever, go below.