Thursday, June 15, 2006

On Friday Not-Even-Random Way-More-Than-Ten

Okay, so I know I've been really negligent lately as far as blog posts go. I did mention that things had gotten a lot crazier around the Practically Harmless household when I made the leap to go freelance, but I really did intend to stay on top of things a lot better than I have. This is my pledge for the future, that I will take more time to waste more time, just to keep y'all entertained.

In the meantime, though, I know I've missed a couple of Not-So-Random Tens, so here's what I'm gonna do: I'm giving you a Not-So-Random Thirty, with plenty of tracks for your enjoyment. And, as an added bonus, it's actually happening on a Friday.

And this one is dedicated to me. God knows I've earned it.

Thirty, y'all:

1. Kent, "Unprofessional"
2. Beck, "Jack-Ass"
3. The Rolling Stones, "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"
4. Queen, "I Want to Break Free"
5. Elvis, "It's Now or Never"
6. 311, "Sever"
7. The Ceasars, "Jerk It Out:
8. Maroon 5, "Sweetest Goodbye"
9. Athenaeum, "So Long"
10. Green Day, "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"
11. The La's, "There She Goes"
12. Ben Folds Five, "Song for the Dumped"
13. Jump, Little Children, "All Those Days Are Gone"
14. Big Audio Dynamite, "Rush"
15. Pet Shop Boys, "Liberation"
16. Furslide, "Over My Head"
17. Evanescence, "Where Will You Go"
18. Remy Zero, "Glorious"
19. The Smiths, "Panic"
20. Coldplay, "Don't Panic"
21. Dido, "Honestly OK"
22. Dixie Chicks, "I Like It"
23. Nina Simone, "Feelin' Good (Joe Claussell Remix)"
24. Ramsey Lewis, "Do What You Wanna (Mr. Scruff's Soul Party Mix)"
25. Shirley Bassey, "No Regrets"
26. Kelly Clarkson, "Miss Independent"
27. Owsley, "I'm Alright"
28. Sarah Vaughan, "I Could Write a Book"
29. The Beatles, "Paperback Writer"
30. Sting, "Tomorrow We'll See"

And as a sidenote: I selfishly dedicated this'n to myself, because I can, but in a way, it's also a shout-out to a dear friend of mine who just found her own kind of freedom. Jen, honey, congratulations on getting your last name back. I'm drinking to a bright and prosperous future for the both of us.

No comments: