Saturday, January 01, 2011

On auld acquaintance (should I have been forgot, and if that's the case, I really can't blame you)

Okay, so my regular reader knows I don't do New Year's resolutions, because I think the turning over of a new calendar page is a fairly arbitrary reason for making significant life changes. But the beginning of a new year--or even a new month, for that matter--is a great time to get back to blogging, particularly blogging on a regular basis. There's so much going on in the world right now that my months-long absence is simply inexcusable. So keep your eyes peeled for content--not today, of course, because it's late and I still have a gut full of pork roast/turnip greens/black-eyed peas to digest, not to mention a few circulatory systems' worth of champagne to sleep off. (And it's the good shit,* too, thanks to a certain friend of mine who's generous enough to share.) But I'll stop neglecting my blog, and you, the two or three of you who still bother to check from time to time.

Happy New Year, best of health and luck, and I'll see you in a few.

*See? There goes my resolution to swear less.

No comments: