Friday, December 01, 2006

On Practically Harmless: This Is My Soundtrack

Okay, so I know I was unspeakably slack in not providing a Friday Not-Even-Random Ten last week. My only excuse is, of course, recovery from turkey coma, which I'm sure we all appreciate and understand. Nonetheless, I feel the need to make amends, and what better way to do it than with a meme? Who doesn't love a meme?

Here's the trick, as ganked from Jill at Feministe (although I went with the original order as given at And She Knits Too!, as having a baby at #9 and getting married at #16 would have me playing Orf's Carmina Burana as my mother ripped my still-beating heart from my chest): Set your iPod to "random," list the songs in the order that they come up, and get creeped out as your iPod tells you your life story.

This Friday Not-Even-Random Not-Even-Ten is dedicated to me. Why? Because. That's all you need to know.

The - what is it - The Sixteen:

1. Opening credits: Pet Shop Boys, "My Head Is Spinning"

2. Waking up: Annie Sellick, "Just Your Smile"

3. First day at school: The Dead Kennedys, "Too Drunk to Fuck"
Silly iPod, that didn't happen until high school.

4. Falling in love: Big Audio Dynamite, "Kool-Aid"

5. Breaking up: Sven Van Hees, "Serrano Anthem (Amor/Amor)"
Nobody likes a smartass iPod.

6. Prom: Portishead, "It's a Fire"

7. Life's okay: Stan Getz, "The Girl From Ipanema"*
I actually started skipping the classical music here, because Sonata Opus X Var. Y was going to get boring pretty quickly. Besides, I think that "The Girl From Ipanema" is a fantastic "life's okay" song.

8. Mental breakdown: Ludacris, "Act a Fool"

9. Driving: The Beatles, "Ticket to Ride"
And I don't care.

10. Flashback: Home Grown, "Suffer"
Sigh.

11. Getting back together: Les Nubians, "J'veux d'la Musique"

12. Wedding: The Temptations, "My Girl"
Aww!

13. Birth of child: Howie Day, "Disco Afternoon"
Erin Leigh and Jen know why I'm laughing right now.

14. Final battle: Mono, "Silicone"

15. Funeral song: Barenaked Ladies, "Light Up My Room"

16. End credits: Devo, "Whip It"
Awesome. But feel free to play this at my funeral, too.

Now it's your turn. What does your iPod think about your life?

No comments: