Saturday, December 02, 2006

On useful reminders

Okay, so I just wanted to bump this post as a reminder that there are the people whose lives just suck because they waited in line all night for an X-Box and then they got a rain check and waaaah, and then there are people whose lives are made truly difficult by circumstances beyond their control and somehow they manage to not complain or want to be a burden on anyone else even though they probably have every right to do so.

Per For Lee, audience response has been gracious and plentiful, and I'm going to go ahead and assume that some of my readers have been part of that, 'cause y'all are just gracious folks. Anyone who has helped, I thank, and anyone who hasn't yet, I encourage to jump over to For Lee to read her story and see if you can't spare a couple of bucks to help out. And if you happen to know anything about NF1, or (even better) if you happen to be attached to any kind of organization that could provide sponsorship, free/reduced-price medical care, clinical trials, anything, shoot me an e-mail at practically_harmless ( at ) yahoo ( dot ) com and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

It's Christmas, y'all. Do good, or you will be visited by three spirits.

No comments: