Okay, so I mentioned before that this hasn't been a particularly good campaign season for Republicans as far as Asians go. Or blacks. Or Hispanics. Or gays. Or women. Or parents of politically-minded teenage children in the DC area. It seems like every time the GOP wants to look out for you, or look out for your illegitimate children, or come up with an affectionate nickname for you, it ends up blowing up in their faces. What's a well-meaning racist Republican to do? It's just not fair.
And that's why this Friday Not-Even-Random Ten is dedicated to J. Patrick Rooney, Tan D. Nguyen, George Allen, and all of the other Republicans out there who would love to see minorities in the voting booth, as long as they pull for Republicans and then go finish washing my damn car.
1. The Rolling Stones, "Paint It, Black"
2. David Bowie, "Golden Years"
3. Nina Simone, "Black Is the Color of My True Love's Hair"
4. Annie Lennox, "Whiter Shade of Pale"
5. Johnny Cash, "Man in Black"
6. Dido, "White Flag"
7. Hank Jones, "Black Butterfly"
8. Van Morrison, "Brown Eyed Girl"
9. Serge Gainsbourg, "Black March"
10. Counting Crows, "Colorblind"
Your Ten go in comments.