Thursday, October 26, 2006

On retractions

Okay, so as does happen on rare occasion, we at Practically Harmless must hang our heads and issue a retraction. Yesterday, we reported that Rush Limbaugh apologized for his medically-uninformed accusations about Michael J. Fox's Parkinson's Disease.

We have misled you. Although he did say that he would apologize if it turned out that Fox wasn't faking, Dr. Limbaugh has since clarified his diagnosis:
I stand by what I said. I take back none of what I said. I wouldn’t rephrase it any differently. It is what I believe; it is what I think. It is what I have found to be true.

The editorial staff at Practically Harmless apologize for any confusion this reportage may have caused. We are assuming that Dr. Limbaugh used the same medical technology that allowed Bill Frist to diagnose Terri Schiavo via video and proclaim her ready to run the Boston Marathon. Moreover, we encourage Limbaugh and Frist to share this breakthrough technology with the medical community to the potential benefit of millions.

Again, our deepest apologies.

No comments: